Psoriasis: the first signs, types, treatment
Psoriasis is the most commona kind of chronic dermatosis. This is a complex disease that can manifest itself in different ways and have different origins. In most cases, psoriasis is considered a life-threatening disease. But there is information about the death of this disease in connection with his wrong treatment.
A person can simultaneously suffer from several forms of psoriasis.
Who can get sick?
Psoriasis can occur in people of any age and sex.
In infants, the first signs of psoriasis appear in the inguinal folds and resemble a swab.
In adults, psoriasis can begin mainly in two different ways:
1. Small papules are dense to the touch. They can be located on the palms, elbows, less often on the knee and ankle joints. If there is an itch and painful sensations when touching, then these are real signs of psoriasis, and not just irritation. With these symptoms, you need to urgently consult a doctor, as individual papules will quickly develop into plaques. And to cure them is very difficult. The site of the lesion causes severe itching and unpleasant sensations.
2. There was a red patch of round shape. This rash is characterized by the presence of a large number of whitish scales. During the development of the disease, these rashes thicken and thicken, and become convex. These rashes form psoriatic plaques. They look like drops of paraffin candles, frozen on the skin.
The first signs of illness
The beginning of psoriasis is manifested in the appearancepapules, which are small-sized scaling nodules. They have a dark pink color, the touch is dense, over the surface of the skin a little protrude.
The first sign of psoriasis can be the appearance of rashes on the areas of the body that can be most exposed to friction, and the skin in these places is dry. These are the places:
- palms or elbows;
- under the knees;
- lateral lumbar parts;
- inguinal folds;
- the scalp.
The location of the rash depends on the form of the disease.
The initial stage of psoriasis on the skin is barely noticeable andDo not discomfort to the patient. But it is early treatment that will help to avoid severe forms of the disease, in which the nails of the hands and feet, mucous surfaces, and then - the joints of a person.
For psoriasis, there are three distinctive features:
- "Stearin stain effect". When plaque scraping is carried out, small and transparent scales easily peel off.
- "The effect of the terminal film." If you remove the scales, the skin on this place will be thin, shiny, and also it will be red.
- "The effect of bloody dew." After scraping, tiny droplets of blood appear on the skin.
Also, the manifestation of psoriasis can be characterized by a change and stratification of the nails.
Types of psoriasis
A single classification of this disease has not yet been developed, but its main types are distinguished according to the nature of the rash.
The first type is non-pustular, it is characterized by the spread of the rash over the entire surface of the skin. It includes such subspecies as:
- Simple (vulgar) or otherwise ordinary, it is most common among all types of psoriasis. Usually occurs in a stable chronic form.
- Psoriatic erythroderma always passes in severe form, severely damaging the skin. May provoke other deadly diseases.
The second main type of psoriasis is pustular. It is characterized by the formation of not papules, but such formations as pustules. They are vesicles on the skin, inside of which a serological fluid is collected. This type of disease can be spread both on the entire surface of the body, and on a specific site, most often it's the palms and feet.
There are the following subspecies of pustular psoriasis:
- persistent acrodermite (psoriasis of soles of the feet and palms of the hands);
- Palomoplacental view of Barber (chronically leaking pustulosis of the extremities);
- generalized psoriasis von Zumbush;
- psoriatic herpetiform impetigo;
- annular erythema;
- an annular variety of pustular psoriasis.
This classification does not include, but refers to psoriasis following forms of this disease:
- seborrheic-like psoriasis occurs on the scalp, the skin acquires a yellowish hue, the inflammatory process is absent;
- Reverse on the surfaces of folds and skin folds;
The basic theories of the emergence of ailment
Scientists do not yet give an exact answer to the question of what causes psoriasis.
According to immune theory, the causethe appearance of psoriasis becomes a violation in the work of the human immune system. That is, immunity reacts to skin cells as aggressors and begins to fight them. This theory is also confirmed by the fact that the first signs of psoriasis often arise against the background of various diseases of infectious origin, such as tonsillitis, sinusitis, etc.
The second theory of the origin of psoriasis is genetic. That is, human genes are predisposed to the manifestation of psoriasis.
Endocrine theory suggests that the push tomanifestation of the disease is an abnormal level of hormones. The necessary level of hormones controls the normal process of dividing skin cells. And if the hormones are too little or too much, the skin cells begin to intensively divide, which causes psoriasis. In support of this theory, says that often psoriasis can occur during hormonal changes in the body, such as pregnancy, menstruation or ovulation. But scientists are not yet able to identify a hormone responsible for the manifestation of the first signs of psoriasis and its further development.
Proponents of neurogenic theory suggest thatThe illness occurs due to stress and psycho-emotional overstrain. Vasomotor neurosis causes vasoconstriction, which leads to a reduction in blood supply to the skin.
Violation of metabolic processes in the body alsomay cause psoriasis. It was observed that people who suffer from psoriasis can be elevated cholesterol, lowered body temperature, there is a lack of vitamins, microelements, carbohydrates in the body.
Causes of psoriasis
So, generalizing all of the above, you can understand what can provoke the emergence of an ailment in ordinary life:
- stress, emotional and physical overload;
- diseases of an infectious origin;
- changes in the hormonal system;
- various skin lesions, such as frostbite, burns or trauma;
- taking medicines, for example, antibiotics, immunostimulants, vitamins, etc .;
- unbalanced diet, alcohol abuse;
- sharp climate change;
- other skin diseases.
Treatment of psoriasis
Independently to try to cure psoriasis it is impossible,and in the first place it is necessary to go to an appointment with a dermatologist. The illness should be treated in a comprehensive manner using external means, injection and the use of instrumental methods of treatment.
The disease requires compulsory treatment, soas with time in the absence of treatment, plaques cover all large areas of the body. The critical stage reaches 3-4 years after the onset and causes irreversible effects, such as psoriatic arthritis (inflammation of the joints) or erythroderma (severe skin damage).
For external treatment and care use shampoos, ointments, creams, gels. The most effective drugs are:
- means on a hormonal basis;
- medicines based on oil refined products;
- ointments with a solid or fat base;
- creams with mustard.
Some drugs may develop addiction, so the duration of their use should be limited.
Medications for oral administration
Medicinal products help to heal not only psoriasis, but also improve the functioning of internal organs. List of drugs that can be prescribed to a patient with psoriasis at a dermatologist:
- immunomodulating drugs;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- hepatoprotectors, as well as enzymes.
Usually, oral medications are prescribedOnly after the local therapy did not bring the desired result. Most drugs have contraindications and cause side effects, so they should be drunk as prescribed by the doctor and accurately observe the regimen and dose of the drug.
Non-medicamentous treatment for psoriasis
Among them there are the following ways:
- laser, magnetic, and also electrotherapy;
- X-ray irradiation;
- laser treatment.
How can you protect yourself from psoriasis?
This disease can recur, that is, fading, flare up with renewed vigor. Here are the simple rules of prevention:
- physical and emotional rest;
- use hygienic products for skin with medicinal properties or neutral;
- good balanced nutrition;
- be protected from injuries, burns, etc.;
- preparations should be used according to the instructions and the doctor's prescription;
- timely treatment of infectious diseases.
Thanks to this, psoriasis for a long time can go into the stage of remission and do not disturb the person.